Why We Volunteer
The Carmel Symphony Orchestra (CSO) League is comprised of volunteers who help with audience hospitality, special fundraising projects, office projects, and music outreach programs for all ages. Why do they do it? Click here to learn more from Sue Britton, past president of the CSO League!
In addition to their volunteer activities, the group hosts an annual Fall Brunch and Spring Luncheon. Proceeds from events benefit the CSO Education Programs that foster the musical talent and education of young artists, including the Family Fun! Concert and the annual Young Artists Competition.
The current CSO League was originally formed by a small group of women in 1980 called the CSO Women’s Guild. The League supports and promotes the orchestra through their fundraising events that help underwrite a variety of musical education and appreciation opportunities.
The CSO League promotes symphonic music through its educational, financial, and voluntary support of the Carmel Symphony Orchestra. The League’s activities provide a unique opportunity to make friends and share interests with others who also enjoy having a close affiliation with the Orchestra. It is a wonderful way to help the orchestra promote music awareness throughout the community — that reaches all ages. The League is an excellent means of involvement to assist in the financial support of the Carmel Symphony Orchestra while enjoying the camaraderie with others.
Active membership is available to any person interested in the League’s purpose through:
- Commitment of volunteer time
- Attendance at meetings
- Support of projects and programs
- Annual dues commitment: $40.00
- Symphony Support
- Special fundraising events
- Orchestra rehearsal refreshments
- Sounds Exciting! concerts for school children
- CSO Administrative assistance
- Community Outreach
The League Sponsors:
- Family Fun! afternoon concert
- Young Artists Competition hospitality and awards
- CarmelFest info-booth
- CSO Concert information table
- Special Events
- Fall Brunch featuring season highlights
- Holiday Luncheon, a festive monthly meeting
- Spring Luncheon, our largest fundraiser of the year!
No meetings scheduled at this time
Contact the CSO League
Call us at 317.844.9717 or email email@example.com.